Incentives for Building & Developing
in Jefferson County Florida
Jefferson County Commission has Job Development and Capital Improvement incentives to work with by county ordinance.
Job Development Incentives
Job Development Incentives are for companies that create five or more quality jobs in the County. This includes new and expanding businesses.
- Full-time, year-round employment for 90% of the total payroll
- Provide wages that equal or exceed 70% of the County's average wage
- Provide monetary employer-paid benefits equal to at least 20% of the employee's adjusted annual salary ( health/life insurance, retirement, or other employee benefits )
Job development incentive amounts are based on the Jefferson County adjusted wage, as produced by the Jefferson County Economic Development Council, as follows:
- $500 for each quality job with a salary equal to or greater than the Jefferson County adjusted wage
- $1000 for each quality job with a salary equal to or greater than the Jefferson County average wage
- $2000 for each quality job with a salary equal to or greater than the Jefferson County average wage, plus 15%
Capital Improvement Incentives
Capital Improvement incentives, in the form of ad valorem tax credits, are based on specified levels of capital investment in Jefferson County.
Capital investments are defined as buildings, fixtures and improvements to real property and personal tangible property, specifically excluding inventory.
The rate for capital incentives is $1000 per $100,000 of real and personal tangible property value added to the tax roll, with a maximum of $50,000.
The incentives are available for a three-year period after verification that the additional value has been added to the tax roll.
State of Florida Incentives
Enterprise Florida offers bottom-line advantages, for long term profitability, for all types of businesses, from corporate headquarters to manufacturing plants to service firms.